Who doesn’t love pizza? It;s fun, easy and enjoyed by people of all ages! Add some farm fresh veggies and you make it a healthy meal!
Fresh Tomato- Feta Pizza – Rated Five Stars by Cooking Light on MyRecipes.com
1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
4 plum tomatoes, sliced
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon cornmeal
4 ounces feta cheese
1 ounce pitted kalamata olives, halved (1/3 cup)
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1. Let dough stand at room temperature, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 2. Arrange tomato slices on a jelly-roll pan lined with paper towels; top with more paper towels. Let stand 30 minutes.
- 3. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
- 4. Combine tomatoes, 2 tablespoons oil, and garlic. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface, and pierce dough liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle cornmeal over stone; place dough on stone. Arrange tomato mixture on dough. Crumble cheese; sprinkle over pizza. Bake at 500° for 19 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is lightly browned. Remove from oven; top with olives and basil. Brush outer crust with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Cut pizza into 6 large slices.
Garden Tomato and Pesto Pizza
- 1 (12-ounce) prebaked pizza crust (such as Mama Mary’s brand)$
- Cooking spray$
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto
- 1 cup (4 ounces) thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese$
- 2 cups chopped tomato (about 2 large)$
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil$
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Spray crust with cooking spray.
- Place crust on a baking sheet; bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Spread pesto evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with mozzarella cheese slices and tomato; sprinkle with pepper. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden. Sprinkle with basil.
Categorized in: Cooking Recipes