Summer Pizza RecipesAugust 12, 2014 12:36 am
Who doesn’t love pizza? It;s fun, easy and enjoyed by people of all ages! Add some farm fresh veggies and you make it a healthy meal!
Fresh Tomato- Feta Pizza – Rated Five Stars by Cooking Light on MyRecipes.com
1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
4 plum tomatoes, sliced
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon cornmeal
4 ounces feta cheese
1 ounce pitted kalamata olives, halved (1/3 cup)
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1. Let dough stand at room temperature, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 2. Arrange tomato slices on a jelly-roll pan lined with paper towels; top with more paper towels. Let stand 30 minutes.
- 3. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
- 4. Combine tomatoes, 2 tablespoons oil, and garlic. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface, and pierce dough liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle cornmeal over stone; place dough on stone. Arrange tomato mixture on dough. Crumble cheese; sprinkle over pizza. Bake at 500° for 19 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is lightly browned. Remove from oven; top with olives and basil. Brush outer crust with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Cut pizza into 6 large slices.
Garden Tomato and Pesto Pizza
- 1 (12-ounce) prebaked pizza crust (such as Mama Mary’s brand)$
- Cooking spray$
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto
- 1 cup (4 ounces) thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese$
- 2 cups chopped tomato (about 2 large)$
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil$
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Spray crust with cooking spray.
- Place crust on a baking sheet; bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Spread pesto evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with mozzarella cheese slices and tomato; sprinkle with pepper. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden. Sprinkle with basil.
Note:Fresh mozzarella is easier to slice when it is very firm. Place mozzarella in the freezer just until firm, and thinly slice. Any brand of prebaked pizza crust will work for this recipe.
Categorized in: Cooking Recipes