Local Agriculture Events in Northeastern Massachusetts
We’ve gathered information on classes, Farmers’ Markets, workshops and more!
Farm SpotlightFirst Root Farm
Lexington Road Concord MA 01742
- This event has passed.
Wine 101: Wine Tasting & Pairing Workshop
February 15 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$56
Learn to navigate the wine aisle like a seasoned sommelier. Our Wine 101 class covers the basics of selecting, tasting, and pairing the best international, domestic and local wines. We’ll explore different grape varieties and styles of wine and uncover the mysteries of food and wine pairing. Six wines will be paired with a variety of local treats from local farmers and food artisans.
We’re thrilled to partner with Chef Jen Murray to bring her popular wine experience to Appleton Farms this season!
- Local Sparkling White Wine paired with fresh fruit
- New Zealand White Wine paired with a Goat Cheese Crostini
- Local Rose paired with fresh pasta
- French Pinot Noir paired with assorted cured meats
- California Syrah paired with thinly sliced pork tenderloin
- California Cabernet Sauvignon paired with spiced Nuts and chocolate
Please sign up as early as possible in order to give the chefs adequate time to prep. Visit Appleton Farm’s website for additional information.
Member price: $56
Non-member price: $70