Local Agriculture Events in Northeastern Massachusetts
We’ve gathered information on classes, Farmers’ Markets, workshops and more!
Farm SpotlightMarshall's Farm Stand
144 Concord Street Gloucester MA 01930
- This event has passed.
Pasta Making Workshop with Luca
February 29, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
One event on March 5, 2020 at 6:00 pm
One event on March 14, 2020 at 5:00 pm
One event on March 19, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Let Italian Native Luca Mignogna take you on an unforgettable pasta making journey! As you arrive, the smell of hearty, earthy Boscaiola sauce cooking on the stove will excite your senses and prepare you to dive right in. Luca will take you from start to finish on the pasta making process – from flour to dough to different pasta shapes.
First, take a step back in time as you explore pasta’s roots and key role in the Italian culture. Next you will discuss the importance of ingredients in the pasta making process. Together you will learn the techniques for making different types of pasta on the machine, and then you will finish by making tagliatelle. Then Luca will demo cooking the pasta and tossing it with this creamy mushroom and sausage sauce, perfect for your winter appetite.
You will enjoy the fresh pasta you just made in this warming winter dish…Tagliatelle alla Boscaiola. This class will leave you with the tools and the desire to make fresh pasta at home every night. Join us!
Our hands-on cooking classes are structured as a group learning experience; you’ll work with other students to create a seasonal meal led by our professional chef instructors. We focus on learning new cooking styles and techniques to increase your confidence and enjoyment in your own kitchen. Here are a few things to know before booking a class with us:
- Each class is centered on the local, seasonal farmers, so menus may change slightly based on what’s available the day of the event.
- During each class, you’ll learn 2 or 3 recipes, you’ll work together as a group to create them. Class sizes are small; no more than 8-12 people per class.
- Classes are usually 2 hours long, unless otherwise noted.
- Please be prepared to be on your feet, standing at a table, and cooking for the duration of class.
- We recommend comfortable, non-slip, and closed-toe shoes.
Member price: $60
Nonmember price: $75