National Dairy Month began in 1937 as National Milk Month as a way to promote drinking milk. It was created to stabilize the dairy demand when production was at a surplus, but has now developed into an annual tradition that celebrates the contributions the dairy industry has made to the world.
From calcium to potassium, dairy products like milk contain nine essential nutrients, which may help your health as well.
For more information, visit the International Dairy Foods Association.
In appreciation of National Dairy Month, we would like to spotlight our local dairy farms in Essex and Middlesex Counties.
- Appleton Farms – Ipswich, MA
- Clover Luck Farm – Pepperell, MA
- Dancing Goats Dairy – Newbury, MA
- Dunajski Dairy – Peabody, MA
- Great Brook Farm – Carlisle, MA
- Herrick Farm – Rowley, MA
- Richardson’s Dairy Farm – Middleton, MA
- Shaw Farm – Dracut, MA
- The Herb Hill Micro-Dairy – Pepperell, MA
- Tully Farm, Inc. – Dunstable, MA
- Valley View Farm – Topsfield, MA
Categorized in: Dairy